6 Questions to Ask Before Buying Safety Window Films
Posted in Blog, on July 10, 2016 By Admin
Before you choose a supplier to provide you with new safety film for your home, you should make sure that whoever you pick is able to supply you with the product you need and install it in a manner that ensures it will work properly for many years. There are many companies from which to make your selection so there is no reason why you should have to compromise or settle for second best. Buying Safety Window Films: What You Need to Know Make sure that you ask your supplier the following 6 questions before committing to buy any window film from them.
- Do They Offer an Installation Service? – Before you ask any detailed questions about the installation process, you will of course need to check that the companies you are considering actually have a team that can install film in your area. If not, it may be best to look for another supplier because it is quite a tricky job that needs to be completed without any mistakes.
- Are Their Installers Fully Trained? – Assuming that you receive a positive answer to your first question, the next thing you should ask the supplier you are talking to is whether their installers are fully trained. As mentioned above, the installation of safety window films is not an easy job and if it is carried out improperly, the effectiveness of your new film could be compromised.
- Is The Film Adhesive Completely Transparent – To ensure maximum visibility, the film that you have installed on your windows should use a transparent adhesive. Any degree of opacity will reduce visibility and could make your windows appear cloudy. It is important to note that they may well look cloudy for a few days after the installation, even when transparent adhesive is used, but this is normal and the cloudiness should clear as the adhesive cures.
- Does the Film Have a Scratch-Resistant Coating – If you want your windows to look good for many years to come, it is important to choose safety window films that have a scratch-resistant coating. Films that lack this coating mark very easily and will look rather unappealing after a short period of time.
- Does the Film Comply with Relevant Standards – Good quality safety film should comply with ANSI, EN, BS, CPSC, and AN/NZ standards. If the supplier you are talking to cannot provide such film, you should move on to the next prospect on your list.
- Does the Film Provide UV Protection? – If you are going to the expense of installing safety film on all of your windows, you may as well choose a brand that blocks UV rays too. Such film will protect your furniture and flooring from fading over the years due to exposure to sunlight.
To request a competitive, detailed quotation for the supply and professional installation of top quality safety window films in your home, call Window Armour today. Alternatively, you can use the contact form on our site to request a call back.